The basic conventions of a music video are as follow's:
- The Artist will usually appear within the video.
- The song will be the soundtrack to the whole video, it will start and end when the music starts and ends.
- Artist will usually be lip along with the lyrics.
- Artist will perform throughout; choreographed dancing, instrument and lip synching.
- Video will usually have 3 or more different locations which may change.
- Costume match location.
- Usually, sections of the music video will be filmed within a studio.
- There are often a range of camera movements which make the video dynamic.
- Video will use mostly close ups for Lip-Synch and Mid-shots/Long-shots for performance.
- The video may often use high angles.
- wide range of different shot types/ angles in each location to allow for dynamics and to avoid repetition.
Slow motion effect is used to create sexy or slick feel Concept rather than story